Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chrone Bear

What better time to experiment with a new program then with a gift? I will be honest this is my first take on using Corel Painter 11 and its quiet different from the vector typed illustrations I have been doing. Its a program that literally mimics real media. This was a commissioned; but gifted piece as well for my beautiful Yoga Teacher Mary Angela Buffo of Anada Yoga in Southampton where I practice. These are of her two totems, Bear and Humpback whale. This piece also holds a double meaning on a more spiritual level- in that this was a gift for Mary's 50th birthday (hence the name "Crone Bear") A celebration of life moving into the last of a triad cycle. Mary will also be getting this inked on her skin (truthfully one of the highest honors an artist can have in my opinion- a permanent etching of your art one ones skin!) Here's to the beautiful soul which she is.